Valley East Skating Club (VESC) will comply with COVID-19 operating standards as directed by the Greater City of Sudbury, Skate Canada, and Skate Ontario. If any members or participants are not in compliance with the following protocols, VESC withholds the right to request the member or participant be removed from or not attend any or all VESC activities.
All participants/members and coaching staff must:
- Self screen prior to every session using the Skate Ontario provided Health Screening Questionnaire
- Wear a mask when in common areas or public spaces including the lobby, and dressing rooms. As well as, prior to stepping onto the ice or whenever a 2-meter distance between you and another person cannot be achieved.
- Sneeze and cough into your elbow, and at a distance from others when possible.
- Blow your nose at a distance from others and sanitize your hands after doing so.
- Place your used tissues into a baggy and dispose of them after the session.
- Provide your own personal water bottle and tissue box.
- Handle only your own personal items.
- Wait a minimum of 14 days to return to any VESC activities if you have been in contact with a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 case or are returning from travel outside of Canada. You need to ensure a negative COVID-19 result.
- Notify VESC if you or a member of your immediate circle have a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19.
- Limit spectators to only one person per household.
- Limit carpooling when possible and wear a mask if carpooling with members outside of your household.
- Arrive no sooner than 15 minutes prior to the scheduled session start time and depart no later than 15 minutes after the end of the session.
Valley East Skating Club agrees to adhere to all necessary and achievable precautions to ensure the safety of our participants and members through:
- Enforcing physical distancing of at least 2 meters whenever possible.
- Enforcing wearing masks properly when physical distancing is not possible.
- Enforcing participants to frequently use hand sanitizer.
- Maintaining Skate Ontario Health Screening Tracking records of all participants and spectators who attend sessions.
- Having all participants fill out the Skate Ontario Waiver and City of Greater Sudbury Waiver.
- Refraining from touching participants.
- Limiting coaching staff, participants, and members from touching the same objects and sanitizing if they do.
- Sanitizing skating equipment.
- Limiting time spent in person with members and participants off of the ice.
- Reinforcing arrival and departure times at sessions to adhere to 15-minute dressing room and spectator policy.
- Reporting any known positive cases of COVID-19 to the City of Greater Sudbury.
- Enforcing COVID-19 policies created by The Greater City of Sudbury, Skate Canada, and Skate Ontario.
- Deferring or refunding members payment of their sessions to encourage participants if they are required to self-isolate due to COVID-19 to do so as necessary.
- Canceling any sessions that may be deemed too risky due to updates to the current climate of the COVID-19 pandemic.
We thank all our members and participants for complying with these protocols! Stay Safe!